We've been thinking of fun and innovative ways to keep warm, cozy and happy this holiday using our Century Coffee Club Nespresso® compatible pods.
This Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate Coffee recipe is a Century Coffee Club holiday favourite! What better way to warm yourself up on a cold December day than to transcend into this sweet, spiced Mexican realm.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 8 Century Coffee Club pods (your choice of light, medium or dark but we prefer medium for this recipe!)
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half/half milk
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 oz. 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Make 8 Century Coffee Club Nespresso® compatible pods and add to a saucepan.
- Whisk in milk, half/half, dulce de leche, and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Return mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Gradually whisk in finely chopped 70% dark chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in pure vanilla extract, kosher salt, and bourbon (if desired). Discard cinnamon sticks and pour into 8 serving cups.
Check this blog often for more delicious recipes using Century Coffee Club Nespresso® compatible pods! Stay cozy, friends!